Specialization: Advertisement & Public Relations
Betty Tsakarestou is Assistant Professor, Director of the Advertising and Public Relations Lab at the Department of Communication, Media and Culture of Panteion University, Greece and is one of the Visiting Faculty at the International Summer University Program at Copenhagen Business School. In June 2012, she joined the CCEBI research network at CBS and organized, in this capacity, the first Athens Co-Creation workshop in November 2012.
Her research and teaching extends to advertising and PR, crisis management in social and mobile web, CSR, sustainability, city branding, collaborative and mobile consumption, startup entrepreneurship, social innovation and co-creation.
She coordinates “Mobile Generation Next” a research project on collaborative mobile prosumption. She serves as Vice-President of BOD of the Institute of Communication. From 2007-2011 she has been a Visiting Assistant Professor of CSR and Business Ethics at the MBA Program of the University of Cyprus She has served as Director of Educational Radio-Television at the Ministry of Education, from 2010 -2012, where she designed the digital transition strategy.
Over the last three years, she has participated as an expert in EU media literacy projects. She has published extensively in academic journals, collective volumes and conference proceedings.
- Introduction to Advertising and Public Relations(4th Semester)
- Social Issues and Corporate Responsibility (5th Semester)
- Advertising and Public Relations Lab Ι: Applied Marketing (5th Semester)
- Advertising and Public Relations Lab ΙΙ: Digital Creativity: Apps, Games, Coding (5th Semester, in collaboration with St. Kaperonis)
- Advertising and Public Relations Lab III: Strategic Communication – Social Media – Startup Entrepreneurship (6th Semester)
- New Consumer Trends(7th Semester)
- Advertising and Public Relations Lab VI: Crisis Management – Real World and Social Media Simulation (7th Semester)
- Advertising and Public Relations Lab VII: The Power of Storytelling - Application (8th Semester)
- Cultural Marketing and Communication (MA in Cultural Management)
- Leadership and Entrepreneurship in Journalism (MA in New Media and Journalism, in collaboration with D. Iordanoglou)