Specialization: Social Research Methods with emphasis on Communication Research
Martha Micailidou did her undergraduate degree in Sociology and Philosophy (BSc Joint Honours, Sociology and Philosophy) at City University, London and her postgraduate degrees in media and communication studies (MA Media and Communications, PhD Sociology / Media and Communications) at Goldsmiths College, University of London. She has taught at the Department of Media and Communications, Goldsmiths College and the Department of Sociology at the University of Crete and has collaborated as a researcher on various projects with the Greek National Centre for Social Research. She has participated in ten, international and national, research projects funded by the EU. Her research and teaching interests include multimethodological approaches to media and cultural research, emergent and digital methods, the empirical and methodological consequences of the transition from analog to digital media, gender and media, and the creative industries.
- Introduction to Social Theory and Research (Semester A)
- Methodology of Communication Research (Semester C)
- Applied Communications Research (Semester H)
- Methodological approaches to Communication, Media and Culture (Autumn semester, MA "Communication, Media and Cultural Management")
- Sociology of Culture (Spring Semester, MA "Communication and Media Rhetoric", MA "Cultural Management")